The Southeast & Armed Services YMCA has teamed up with Fort Carson and the National Armed Services YMCA HQ's to bring Operation Kid Comfort to this area for children of deployed parents. This program eases the stress of a parent's absence from the home by providing a free photo quilt (4 photos needed) for children six and under and pillows (6 photos needed) for children seven and up. Photographs of the deployed parent and family are printed onto fabric. The photos are incorporated into a quilt or pillow. The quilt or pillow is then given to the child to play with, sleep with, or use to comfort them from the grief of missing their deployed parent.
We would like to thank the owners of High Country Quilts who graciously provide space for our Operation Kid Comfort volunteers to conduct their monthly meetings. If you are interested in receiving one of these quilts or pillows, click below to request a quilt or pillow. For more information contact Drew Aquino at email@example.com or 719.622.9622.
Operation Kid Comfort Quilt/Pillow Request
The Operation Kid Comfort program offers quilts for children ages 6 and under and pillows for children ages 7-18 of deployed servicemen and women.
To receive a your quilt, please fill out our form to provide us with your information as well as sending us your photos that will help your child(ren) cope during their parent's deployment. Every picture must have a picture of the deployed spouse/parent in uniform.
As all materials and services are donated, there are no fees for this program. Quilts normally take 3-5 months for production and copies of deployment orders are required for review when a quilt or pillow is requested. For OPSEC, please email copies of deployment orders ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finished quilts will only be delivered to military families on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month from 1600-1700. For inquiries/status of your quilt or pillow please email Drew Aquino at email@example.com.
- Larger than 50kb but smaller than 2mb each
- High-resolution so they can be sized to 8.5 inches
- Submit 4 photos for a quilt (children 6 and under) and 6 photos for pillows (children 7 - 18).
- Be sure to include the child’s first and last name in the photo file.
- Please review and select photos you wish to submit prior to completing this form.
- Quilt and pillow requests without submission of photos will be considered incomplete.
- To attach photos, save as jpeg files in a compressed (zipped) folder and upload below.
- Of the deployed parent alone
- Of the deployed parent with the child or children
- Of the deployed parent in family pictures
- Please include one or more photos of the deployed parent in uniform
- You may send a different set of photos for each child. If you do, please label them as such.
- If possible, please include at least one photo of the deployed parent together with the child who the quilt is intended for.
- If possible, send photos that are in focus. When the photos are enlarged to 8 1/2" for the quilts, the photo quality is poor.
- Please no photos of children with guns
ASYMCA/Operation Kid Comfort Release:
The Armed Services YMCA is actively pursuing corporate, business and individual support for Operation Kid Comfort and the many other programs we offer. We would appreciate your permission to use photographic images provided for these projects, as well as photographs of the finished quilts and photographs taken at Operation Kid Comfort workshops and events for these purposes. Please read our privacy statement and approve or disapprove the use of your image, the image of your child(ren) and/or your spouse below.